Idol Americano

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Top 6

Sorry this is coming a little late, I've been doing projects all week. First, I have to say that I'm mourning Constantine. Something happened over the last few weeks, and I think it was his performance of "Bohemian Rhapsody," that made me really, really like him. It got to the point where I was able to actually look at him while he was performing (rather than hiding my face in a pillow), and (this is difficult to admit) I actually thought he looked kind of hot on Wednesday on the results show. Scott Savol, I cannot handle you any longer, though if this site has anything to do with it, I'm somewhat amused.

So the whole Bo thing. Honestly, I'm not too distraught. The pot thing I wasn't too surprised about, he looks high most of the time. Coke, however, is sketchy. When I think of coke, I think of '80's movies with men in suits (yes, my cocaine references are limited to what I've seen in movies and afterschool specials), not my "bud" Bo. However, I am slightly amused that Bo was caught scoring coke outside a strip club. How Whiskey Tango.

Ok, the performances:

1. Carrie Underwood: "When God Fearin' Women Get the Blues" (Martina McBride): Enough with the Martina, Carrie. I am not a fan of that woman. Anyway, I honestly thought that Carrie was bad tonight. Like Randy said, she sounded off. Up to this point, I've never thought Carrie's vocals were anything short of excellent, but this was bad. I honestly think she and Savol tied for worst of the night.

2. Bo Bice: "I Don't Wanna Be" (Gavin DeGraw): Um, I love this song. There's just something amusing about Bo singing the theme song to "One Tree Hill." Anyway, I really liked this a lot, though his outfit was HORRIBLE. Bo, Mom said to set the table with the tablecloth, not WEAR the tablecloth. I was also glad to finally get confirmation on the first line of this song: "I don't need to be anything other than a prison guard's son." That's what my brother and I thought he was singing, but we thought surely we were hearing wrong. Anyway, I kind of had cognitive dissonance hearing a song that new on this show, but it was awesome.

3. Vonzell Solomon: "I Turn to You" (Christina Aguilera): This was good, but not her best. I just think that Christina has such powerful voice that it's hard to sing her songs. Vonzell has a great voice, but it's not powerful in the style that Christina's is. However, this was pretty good.

4. Anthony Federov: "Surrender" (Celine Dion): Risky undertaking, Trach, and I can't even make any trach jokes about it! However, I think it would have been awesome if he sang "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" or another BSB song, I think he could have rocked it. Then again, Feds could have shown his incomprehensible Latin flavor again and sung "Trach Your Bon Bon." Surprisingly, this was very good, I liked it a lot. I think Feds is pretty clueless, but he seems sweet. I don't want him to win, but I think he's got another week in him.

5. Constantine Maroulis: "How You Remind Me" (Nickelback): Ok, this performance showed how much Constantine has redeemed himself in my eyes. At the beginning of the season, I hated Mr. Maroulis and didn't even want him to make the Top 12. I especially hated all his poseur rock performances. But Wednesday night, Constantine did another poseur rock song, from the second worst poseur rock band EVER, Nickelback (the worst band is Creed), and I didn't hate it. Even though I am incredibly sick of that song, I didn't mind it. Not his best, but not awful. Yet I would have hated it a few weeks ago. Again, American Idol dishes out the cognitive dissonance. Note: Constantine's brother looks like David Byrne.

6. Scott Savol: "Dance With My Father" (Luther Vandross): I had a feeling he'd sing this, as Scott seems really set on making himself the white Luther (or Ruben). And it sucked, as usual. I've lost the ability to believe that he has talent. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just so bored by him.

The best: Bo
The worst: Carrie (and Scott)
Who should have gone: Scott

In my opinion, final three should be Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell. We can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home