Idol Americano

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Top 4

The themes this week were kind of boring, but it was still fairly decent. On with the show!

1. Carrie Underwood: "Sin Wagon"(Dixie Chicks):I've had this song stuck in my head all morning, but I don't think Carrie did that well. I just remember the girl with pink hair, Amy Adams, singing it last year, and I thought her performance was more impressive. Carrie just sounded a little weak.

2. Bo Bice: "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" (Travis Tritt): Bo, this was a poor song choice. He sang it decently, but it was a boring, boring song. It would have been great if he sang some Garth, like "The Dance" or "The Thunder Rolls." Not my favorite Bo performance.

3. Vonzell Solomon: "How Do I Live" (Trisha Yearwood): Vonzell, enough with the obvious choices! This is barely a country song, and it's so overdone. Anyway, Vonzell did not seem like herself on this song, she was weak and wobbly.

4. Anthony Federov: "I'm Already There" (Lonestar): I thought Feds would go for some Lonestar, and I was right, but I figured he'd pick "Amazed." Feds was pretty good on this, he's really been improving lately. This song kind of creeps me out with the "I'm your imaginary friend" line. I'm trying to think of a trach joke, but I got nothing. Ok, they should have a Beatles night so Feds can sing "Fixing a Hole."

5. Carrie Underwood: "If You Don't Know Me By Now" (Harold Melvin): That was boring. It's an okay song, but the performance was really dull, and as Simon said, the arrangement sucked. Carrie had a bad night.

6. Bo Bice: "For the Love of Money" (The O'Jays): This was hilarious. Seeing someone on American Idol singing the theme song from The Apprentice was just surreal. Also amusing: my mom was unaware up to Bo's performance that this was a real song. She figured it was just written for The Apprentice. Anyway, Bo did really well, I didn't get the sunglasses and sandals look, but it was good.

7. Vonzell Solomon: "Don't Leave Me This Way" (Thelma Houston): Vonzell was back to her old self, she did really well on this, and it was a fun performance. I also want to buy her top, it was so cute!

8. Anthony Federov: "If You Don't Know Me By Now" (Harold Melvin): I'm thinking Feds paid off the orchestra to get a better arrangement. Anyway, surprisingly, he outsang Carrie! This version was much more like the Simply Red version and Feds did quite well. I was amused by the key Feds was wearing around his neck. My brother said it was his "tray-KEY-otomy."

Who should go? Not sure. I thought it would be Feds, but he performed consistently well on both songs. Carrie might have been the weakest, but I doubt she'll go, nor will Bo. I'm guessing Feds or Vonzell.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I know you haven't updated yet, but I couldn't wait to comment. Bo? Effing rocks my socks. In what is perhaps the moment that sealed my nerddom, I actually voted (for the first time ever) after last night's show. And I voted for Bo. Three times. With three different phones. For I am a giant geek. This also may mark the first time I actually watched AI the day it aired, rather than waiting until the weekend and begging you not to blurt out who got kicked off. So yay me!

Vonzell was adorable, but what was wrong with Carrie last night? I was not impressed. She probably has the best voice, so I was disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home